Round springform pan, 350 degree oven, baking time approx. 35 minutes in center of oven.
1 ½ dl sugar
1 ½ dl flour
1 dl cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp water
Preheat the oven. Grease a springform pan and coat it with breadcrumbs to prevent the cake from sticking.
1. Whip the egg and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Whisk together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
3. Gently fold the flour mixture and the water into the egg mixture.
4. Evenly spread the batter in the pan.
5. Bake until done (about 35 minutes). Let cool in the pan before removing the sides.
6. Cut the cake into 3 layers (easy to do with thick sewing thread).
(If you’re in a rush, you can buy premade cakes – it will be almost as tasty.)
Filling and topping:
2 bags (500 g) frozen raspberries, blueberries or strawberries (partially thawed)
1 dl sugar (for carefully mashing the berries – make sure a few whole berries remain for some nice texture…)
Distribute among the cake layers. Chill the cake while you whip the cream for the topping (3 dl cream + ½ tsp vanilla).
Cover the cake with whipped cream and fresh berries (we used strawberries, but any berry would be lovely).
Serve immediately. Delicious!